Tuesday 13th February, 2024
Optimizing Authentication in the Age of DPDPA: Compliance and Data Privacy Strategies
6:30 - 9:30 PM IST | Bengaluru
The Digital Personal Data Protection Act (DPDPA) significantly impacts privacy regulations, holding businesses more accountable for their data handling practices. To comply with the Act, organizations must adopt robust data protection and privacy safeguards, where authentication plays a crucial role. By confirming user identities and restricting access to sensitive personal information, authentication techniques such as two-factor and multifactor authentication take on the role of the first line of defense. This proactive approach guards against any unauthorized access. Furthermore, enhanced tracking and auditing capabilities help comply with DPDPA’s data integrity and confidentiality provisions. But authentication isn’t a stand-alone solution. It is imperative that it is seamlessly integrated into the end-to-end technology layer of underlying privacy solutions. The session will cover the use of right authentication systems to effectively meet DPDPA compliance standards and integration with other privacy technology components for seamless data protection.
- The role of authentication in meeting the DPDPA provisions;
- Authentication mechanisms for effective compliance with DPDPA;
- Integration of authentication with other privacy technologies;
- Future authentication technology trends.
Regional VP, APJ
Join Pranav Bhayani, Head pre-sales, iValue Group; Geoff Schomburgk, Regional VP (APJ), Yubico; Alex Wilson, Director Solutions Engineering, Yubico to explore the role of authentication in meeting the DPDPA provisions;
This session will be:
- Chatham house rules
- Peer driven
- Pitch free
Exclusive Sneak Peek: Get a Preview of this Roundtable
The Oberoi, Bengaluru
37-39, Mahatma Gandhi Rd, Yellappa Garden, Yellappa Chetty Layout, Sivanchetti Gardens, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Yubico is the inventor of the YubiKey, the gold standard in phishing-resistant, and a creator and contributor to FIDO open authentication standards. The company is a pioneer in delivering hardware-based passkey authentication to customers in 160+ countries.
Rules of Engagement
By taking part in this discussion you agree that:
- These events follow Chatham House Rule. Nothing shared will be recorded or distributed anywhere online.
- If for any reason you need to cancel your reservation, we ask you to let us know 48 hours prior to the event commencing so we can open your seat up to someone else.
- These are interactive discussions, so we ask that all attendees participate in the discussion. If this is a virtual event, we ask all attendees to join via video.
Upcoming ISMG Events
Upcoming ISMG Events